Below Are Twenty Signs That Your Relationship May Have More To Do With Emotional Dependence Than True Love.
If your partnership seems to fall into the pattern outlined here, you may want to think twice about whether it is a healthy one for you.
3. You find yourself feeling possessive of your partner.
4. You have changed your favorite sports teams, spiritual practices, or political affiliation to please your partner.
5. When your partner is not with you, you feel empty, alone, or bored.
6. You need constant reminders that your partner loves you.
7. You will cancel plans with family or friends to spend time with your partner.
8. You fish for compliments.
9. You like to have some degree of control over your partner. If they don’t do what you want them to, you feel distraught.
10. Your partner’s validation is more important than your own.
11. If you lost your partner, you fear that you would be unable to move on with your life.
12. Your partner has to meet specific expectations. If not, you do not feel loved or safe.
13. You pressure your partner to do or say things that they are not comfortable with.
14. You give in to pressure from your partner to say or do things that you are not comfortable with.
15. If your partner does not call when you expect them to, you feel anxiety. You worry that they no longer love you.
16. Your sense of self-worth relies on your partner’s affection and approval.
17. You are more focused on your partner’s feelings for you than on their identity and personality.
18. You feel that you can change your partner into the person you want to be with.
19. Who your partner is on the inside does not matter as much as who they appear to be in front of you and others.
20. You tend to idealize people, and then fall apart when they do not live up to your image of them.
Love Is Not The Same As Neediness. Two People Who Are Truly In Love Are Able To Trust, Respect And Accept One Another.